Want to be eco friendly and save money too? Then maybe the non disposable menstrual cup is for you!
Why the reusable cup?
- Reusable and eco friendly
- Saves money
- Less odor
- Can not feel once placed
- Many come free of chemicals, dyes, latex or plastic
- Many 100% health grade silicone
- 12 hours leak free protection for most women
- Can be used for all sports & activities including swimming
- Can be left in place overnight
- Remove and wash with plain soap and water
- Sits low in vagina so fits nearly all women (held in place by vaginal muscles)
- Can be used with an IUD–make sure your string has not been left very long first
- Collects blood vs absorbing- does not dry out vagina
- Does not change vaginal pH as some tampons can nor kill normal vaginal bacteria
- Learning curve for placement and removal
- May not fit everyone and may need to try more than one to find your perfect fit
- Must dispose of blood, rinse and replace. Can be done shower or toilet–hard to do in public restroom!
- Some manufactures recommend sterilizing after each cycle
- Does not increase risk of infection but should not be used if you suspect a vaginal infection.
The cup is fine for woman and girls of all ages. Comes in different sizes, shapes, and firmness. Manufacturers will make recommendations based on your age and if you’ve delivered any children. The firmer ones tend to open more easily once placed in the vagina but may be harder to place.
Can be worn during intercourse but is not a contraceptive nor does it protect against sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
Placement is similar to a tampon.
More questions? We now have ‘demo’ Diva Cups at the office if you want to see one. I can help teach you how to place and remove especially if you bring in your Cup.
Make appointment Parksideobgyn.com or call 303 758 0072